Job Opening: Constituency Coordinator (INCITE Gov)
Duration: One year, renewable
Unit Supervisor: Constituency Officer, Constituency Unit
Closing Date: June 17, 2011
About the Organization
The International Center for Innovation, Transformation and Excellence in Governance (INCITEGov) is a membership‐based, non‐profit organization that was founded in August 2005, and registered in January 2006, with the Philippine Securities and Exchange Commission. The organization serves as an institutional nucleus for a reform‐centered democratic movement in the Philippines. It aims to develop and make operational a policy agenda that links democratic politics, good governance, and development outcomes in critical reform areas. Its current areas of focus are in leadership and civic engagement for democratic governance, budget accountability, and security sector governance reform. It has a youth arm, the Young Public Servants (YPS), and serves as secretariat to the Former Senior Government Officials (FSGO), the national volunteer group PNoyPinay and the People Power Volunteers for Reform (PPVR) coalition.
The Constituency Coordinator, as part of the Constituency Unit, will assist in managing and developing partnerships of INCITEGov with its allied constituencies.
• Create and maintain membership databases for all the allied constituencies.
• Coordinate and document membership meetings and activities of allied constituencies.
• Assist in planning and implementing projects and activities that will activate the membership of the different constituencies, including meetings, dialogues, campaigns, trainings and other events.
• Commitment to understanding and promoting the PGD Framework (connecting the dots between democratic politics, good governance, and development outcomes)
• Deep appreciation of importance of role of volunteerism and active citizenship in nation‐building
• An undergraduate degree in Political Science, Development Studies, Development Communications, Public Administration, or other related course
• Excellent written and spoken English and Filipino
• Experience in project planning and coordination and interest in project development
• Proven research skills
• Excellent administrative skills and knowledgeable in office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Willingness to work full time (with occasional evening and weekend work, for which there will be time off in lieu) in Ortigas Center, Pasig City (with occasional travel within the Philippines)
• Experience in networking with local community organizations and campaign groups
• Knowledge of other dialects
• Website maintenance experience
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, typing “Constituency Coordinator” in the subject line. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.