Job Posting: Staff for Peace and Humanitarian Advocacy Program
Balay is looking for a staff for its Peace and Humanitarian
Advocacy Program. The job entails writing, support to legislative
lobby work, networking, organizing peace and humanitarian forums,
participation in conferences, facilitating dialogues between
internally displaced persons and actors in the peace process, among
others. The selected applicant will be under the supervision and
guidance of the Program Officer.
The place of assignment of the staff is principally in Manila.
Occasional travel to Mindanao and other areas is likely.
Applicants are expected to have the following qualifications:
1. Academic background in the field of social sciences, community
development, social work, human rights and humanitarian law, and
2. Direct experience in peace-building or a background on peace
education or humanitarian studies is an advantage.
3. Can produce reports, write statements, and articles.
4. A team player and can work effectively with other people of diverse
culture and faith.
5. Resourceful, diligent, and has initiative.
Deadline for application is on May 31, 2011. Letter of application and
resume can be sent to:
The Administrative Officer
Balay Rehabilitation Center
25 Maalindog Street, Diliman