Job Opening: Information and Research Staff (SULONG CARHRIHL)
General Job Title: Information and Research Staff
Department: Information and Research
Reports to: Executive Director
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities:
• Research and prepare reports, and collate information related to the organizations advocacy work.
• Responsible for producing materials for public information such as brochures, primers, bi-monthly-updates, hand-outs and special thematic researches, and legislative lobbying efforts.
• Writes concept papers for various activities and projects of the organization related to information and research work.
• Writes and oversees the content of the website.
• Plans and coordinates various events such as anniversaries and commemorations, press conferences and forums.
• Writes press releases, news briefs, feature articles, letters to the editor, and updates and develops new advocacy and campaign materials for various education and training programs.
• Works with the various members of the Board of Trustees on the organization’s research projects for publication and on other need to basis.
• Helps in establishing new networks/partners for the organization.
• Perform other duties as directed.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or related field
Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience:
• Strong ability to analyze and assess information and make sound decisions and use problem solving skills to suggest improvements.
• Highly developed research skills and ability to set out ideas clearly and logically in written form.
• Highly-developed written and oral communication skills in English
• Proficiency in the Visayan language is a plus.
• Strong organizational skills including the ability to coordinate programs/agendas for the organization and members of its network’s events and campaigns.
• Demonstrated strong ability to work independently, to plan and manage workload and deal effectively with high volumes of work, concurrent with longer term projects.
• Ability to form positive working relationships with colleagues and partners of the organization.
• Willingness to participate as a committed member of a small and dedicated team.
For interested parties, please send your application letter, resume and samples of your written work through this email email@example.com addressed to Ms. Joeven Reyes, Executive Director of Sulong CARHRIHL.