Peacetech Job Opening: Communications Officer (Web Officer)
Contract Period: Immediate to July 15, 2011 with possibility for extension
Terms: Full time; In-House at PeaceTech Inc.
PeaceTech Inc. (www.peacetech.net)
PeaceTech Inc. is a Philippine-based NGO whose mission is: “to use Information Communications Technology for building understanding between groups of young people.”
We are looking for an individual who has very strong written-English skills, knows how to build an on-line community and who can provide basic content management. The position will work closely with the Executive Director and two Programme Coordinators. The position is based at the Ayala Technohub in Quezon City.
Website Content Management
- Build a vibrant on-line community in the Philippines and around the world
- Using strong written-English, write short and objective articles to stimulate on-line discussion.
- Edit and organize blog entries submitted by youth participants according to high standards
- Facilitate online forum discussions, which are lively, interesting and directed at youth between the ages of 16 and 21
- Provide basic web maintenance and coordinate with outside programmers for site changes/additions, if necessary
- Using strong written-English, promote PeaceTech Inc. on-line
- Using strong written-English, write news releases and feature articles
- Coordinate with media on news releases and interviews
Support for Workshop Design and Facilitation
- Help design workshop sections, which teach basic web skills in addition to the social impact of the web
- Assist in facilitating workshops on the web
- Very strong written English – Writes effectively for a young on-line community: strong grammar and ability to write using few words are a must!
- Passionate about the World Wide Web and continuously updating him or herself about social trends involving this medium
- Undergraduate degree in English, Journalism, Education, or equivalent
- Basic experience and knowledge about website development
- Enjoys working and interacting with young people
- PHP and MySQL an asset
Interested applicants may apply on or before October 7, 2010 with a cover letter, examples of short English writings/ blogs, a CV and references to:
Administration Officer, PeaceTech Inc.
Email: email@example.com or phone: 358 7131