Celebrate Peace Day 2010!!!
Generation Peace Youth Network
Peace Day 2010: Sustaining the Youth’s Engagement, Bridging the Peacebuilding Gaps
Quezon City Memorial Circle 8:00AM – 1:00PM, 21 September 2010
Ribbon Cutting for Exhibit
Interfaith Prayers for Peace
Overview of Peace Day
Performances: Dance, Poetry Reading, Acoustic Number, Song Number, Strings, Symphony
Tribute to Peace Advocates
– (i.e. tribute to Mommy Jean, Bishop Claver, Ka Oca, etc.)
Peace Song renditions from the Quezon City Symphonic Band
Closing Ritual and Forming the Peace Sign
POTLUCK COMMUNITY LUNCH**
** Bring some food to share with your friends/organization for our potluck ‘community’ lunch.
***Free ice cream scoops and peace stamps will be available at the venue.
**** Exhibit booths from different advocacies: Installed all throughout the venue during the Peace Day celebration.
Some of the booths/exhibits installed will be from:
- Asian Academy of Business and Computers (AABC)
- Association of Major Religious Superiors in the Philippines – Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation Commission (JPICC-AMRSP)
- Civil Society Initiatives-International Humanitarian Law (CSI-IHL)
- Group Aid
- Hardin ng Kalikasan
- Initiatives for International Dialogue – Free Burma Coalition
- Lahore Ahmadiyyah Islamic Society
- Mindanao Solidarity Network (MSN)
- NAP 1325
- Office of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process (OPAPP)
- OURS COOP Products
- Pastry Goodies
- Pax Christi Miriam College
- Peacemakers’ Circle
- Philippine Action Network to Control Arms (PhiLANCA)
- Philippine Campaign against Cluster Munitions (PCCM)
- Philippine Normal University UNESCO Club (PNU UNESCO Club)
- Red Cross
- Sulong CARHRIHL
- United Nations Youth Association of the Philippines (UNYAP)
- World without Wars (WWW)
SEND SEPTEMBER 21 PEACE DAY POSTCARDS TO YOUR FRIENDS: http://bit.ly/pisdei
Posted on September 13, 2010, in Events and Youth Network Activities, Opportunities and tagged 21 september, araw ng kapayapaan, international day of peace, peace day, Peace One Day, youth activities, youth event, youth initiatives. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.